October 8th Mancos Bikes & Brews Film Festival +++ The Can Cup Bike Polo Meet @ Boyle Park on Oct 9th
Join us on October 8th at the Mancos Brewing Company for a Bikes & Brews Film Festival! We’re running this fundraiser in conjunction with the Colorado Can Cup Bike Polo Meet, being held in Boyle Park, Mancos, October 9th.
Buy your $5 tickets at the door! We’ll have a giveaway the night of and a big silent auction on Saturday throughout the day at Boyle Park.
We’re showing nine awesome films, including the PREMIERE of a Revel Bike film about professional adventure cyclist Liz Sampey and her quest to break the women’s record for the Arizona Trail Race. We’re also showing “Kopiko,” a Kiwi film by Deane Parker, “Mallet Head,” a cult classic bike polo film, and various other bike-focused films. We’ve got 90 minutes of films for you for just $5! Giveaway prizes include a backpack from Osprey, hats and t-shirts from Alpacka Raft, Salsa Cycles and Four Corners Guides, a backpack cooler by Turn It Up Media, and some great outdoor gear from Durango Outdoor Exchange and Pineneedle Mountaineering. Art, more outdoor gear, bicycle gear and much more will be auctioned off during the Bike Polo Meet at Boyle Park on Saturday!
More Info: The Mancos Gear Share
The Mancos Gear Share project is a partnership between the Mancos School District, Mancos Public Library, Mancos Creative District and the town of Mancos. The project is a community-wide effort with a simple goal of getting more young people and their families to enjoy healthy outdoor pursuits. Two of the most common barriers for those that would like to experience outdoor recreation are access to expensive gear, and access to trusted & knowledgeable people to help them learn how to be in the outdoors safely. The Mancos Gear Share project is addressing both of these barriers by first establishing a gear-lending library–built on local and national monetary and in-kind donations–and secondly by building a group of community volunteers to help establish workshops, activities and programs to facilitate the safe use and enjoyment of the Mancos Gear Shed equipment.
In an effort to help support this project, a two-day fundraising event will take place on October 8th/9th–featuring a mini-film festival & prize giveaway at the Mancos Brewery on Friday the 8th, and a state-wide Bike Polo Tournament with a gear/art silent auction at Boyle Park on Saturday, the 9th.
So, what can you do to help with this effort?
- Attend the film festival at the Mancos Brewery on October 8th and buy prize tickets! (doors open at 5:30pm, films begin at 7pm, prize giveaway at 8pm)
- Attend the bike polo tournament on Saturday the 9th and (1) Make a silent bid on one or more of the great art & gear donations from our sponsors, (2) Purchase food or treats that will be available or (3) Bring any lightly used outdoor gear that you would like to donate to the Mancos Gear Share!
- Preliminary polo tournament rounds will begin at 11am and run through 5pm
- Silent auction will be open from 12pm through 5pm
- Auction “check-out” will be at 5pm
- Grilled goods available from 5-7pm
- Final Polo Tournament rounds from 7-10pm — Under the lights!
- Volunteer! We could really use some help. If you’re interested, contact Ed Whritner at email@example.com or Lizzy Scully at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much to all our Sponsors!!!
- Mancos Creative District
- Alpacka Raft
- Four Corners Guides
- Coby Wiegert & The Wells Group
- The Town of Mancos
- Rain For Rent
- Mancos Public Library
- King Cage
- Revel Bikes
- Big Agnes
- Ska Brewing
- Rocky Mountain Timing
- Fenceline Cidery
- Reeb Cycles
- Pineneedle Mountaineering
- Durango Cyclery
- Jen Magnuson photography
- Turn it Up Media
- Durango Outdoor Exchange
- Kokopelli Bike & Board
- Mancos Brewery