The Ultimate How-To Guide, History Of & Wild Adventures Stories About Bikerafting
By Lizzy Scully & Steve “Doom” Fassbinder
This community multi-media storytelling project ultimately resulted in a comprehensive book on bikerafting. But, along the way we shared some of the book’s chapters, audio interviews through a couple episodes of The Bikeraft Guide Podcast, on TheBikeraftGuide.com and on @TheBikeraftGuide Instagram page and on the Four Corners Guides blog.
We raised sufficient funds to print, distribute (end of May 2021), edit and pay contributors through our IndieGoGo Campaign and the generous sponsors listed below. In 2022, we released the 2nd Edition, which includes a story by Eric Arce along with more historic photos.
This book happened thanks in large part to you – aspiring bikerafters and people who love great adventure stories. Want to get a taste of the book? Check out some of the stories and podcasts we’ve already published:
- “Bikerafting 101: How to Lash a Bike to a Packraft”
- Gearjunkie.com; “The History of Bikerafting: Technological Advances & Proof of Concept”
- Mountain Flyer Mag; “The Fickle Fjord,” by Huw Oliver”
- “Dirty Devil Flash Tour,” by Doom
- “Forgotten Highways,” (whitewater bikerafting) by Deane Parker
- “How to Put a Bike on a Packraft: Wheels, Axles, Chains, etc,” Part 1 of the How-To Bikeraft Video Series
- The full YouTube How-To Bikeraft Series.
Be Inspired – The Pirates of Bikerafting
Follow the tall tales & wild adventure stories written by the people who define the sport: Doom, Huw Oliver, Bjorn Olson, Kim McNett, Brett Davis, Roman Dial, Annie Lloyd-Evans, Deane Parker, Liz Sampey, Eric Parsons, Roman Dial, Jason Magness, and more!
History – The Annals of Bikerafting
Deep dive into adventure history. We chronicle bikerafting’s oldest missions with photos & interviews, from Roman’s 1st “Hellbiking” missions in the ’80s to the Lost Coast Tours in the ’90s to Doom’s dastardly desert adventures of the ’00s, & beyond.