How To Bikeraft: Bikerafting Resources
If you don’t have our comprehensive guide to bikerafting, The Bikeraft Guide, fear not! The internet and our website are both full of resources for aspiring bikerafters. And here’s a list for you! These are all the bikerafting resources we offer, plus other articles by or about Steve “Doom” Fassbinder and Lizzy Scully. This is not a comprehensive source of ALL bikerafting information. There’s lots of great info online. Do a Google Search. We can’t swear by what you read and so we haven’t included articles that we are not affiliated with. However, most of what we have read or seen has been good, especially stuff by Deane Parker. That guy knows what he’s doing, and he provides a lot of great videos and articles to the bikerafting community.
The Bikeraft Guide Is Still Active In These Places!
- @thebikeraftguide on Instagram
- TheBikeraftGuide.com website: We don’t update this site too often, but there are some informative articles and reviews on the site.
- The Bikeraft Guide on Facebook
- Bikerafting Revolution, a Facebook group (not really affiliated with The Bikeraft Guide, but Lizzy is a moderator, and it’s a great place to connect with other bikerafters).
Four Corners Guides How-To Bikeraft Blog Posts
Most of these are unabridged chapters from our book. We had to edit many of the chapters of the book to reduce its size, as it is already a beast at 360+ pages.
- Packrafting With Bikes: The Dangers of Flatwater, Fjords & Oceans
- How to Pack Your Bike for Bikepacking, by Huw Oliver (not specific to bikerafting, but still helpful)
- How to Teach Your Friends How to Packraft, by Lizzy (also not specific to bikerafting, but still worth the read)
- So You Want to Bikeraft Q&A with Doom, Part 1
- So You Want to Bikeraft Q&A with Doom, Part 2
- “How to Put a Bike on a Packraft–Wheels, Axles, Chains, etc,” Part 1 of the How-To Bikeraft Video Series.
- “How to Lash a Bike Frame to a Boat,” Part 2 of the How-To Bikeraft Video Series.
- “How to Put Bike Wheels on a Packraft,” Part 3 of the How-To Bikeraft Video Series.
Articles in Other Publications
We published these articles to promote the original Indiegogo Campaign that paid for the first printing of the book, along with the contributors, editor, designer, etc…
- Bikerafting 101: How to Lash Your Bike to a Packraft, GearJunkie.com
- A Look At The Bikeraft Guide, by TheRadavist.com
- Wayward Duck Decoys and a Few Dingdongs: Bikerafting the San Juan River, by Spencer Harding, TheRadavist.com
- Steve Fassbinder and Lizzy Scully Launch The Bikeraft Guide Book, Bikepacking.com
- Ooooh, a New Bike Rafting Guide Book Is In the Works, by AdventureJournal.com
- Push, Paddle, Pedal: Solo Packrafting with Lizzy Scully of Four Corners Guides
Video Series on YouTube
We made this series of videos during the pandemic when we didn’t have a lot else to do. We shot them on the Mancos River in front of our cabin at Scullbinder Ranch. The quality isn’t amazing, but the final products are informative and helpful. Doom is a master bikerafter!
You’ll find these fun and often engaging articles on our website.