San Miguel / Rim Rocker Bikeraft Course
Spend three to five days paddling the San Miguel and Dolores rivers on fast-moving Class II water. And then ride the Rim Rocker Trail back to your start point. Cycling skills and basic boating skills are required for this course. If you have minimal boating skills, we require you spend a day training with us on the Animas River first.
2- to 3-Day Intro to Bikerafting on McPhee Reservoir
Learn to pair bikes and boats on flatwater in the stunning San Juan National Forest. You’ll glean the skills you need to embark on bigger, better bikeraft adventures. Want to push yourself? Do this excellent beginner course in two days instead of three.
Bikerafting Glen Canyon N’tl Rec Area
We offer one- to three-day bikerafting courses on the Colorado River. Exit the river after six miles for a chill beginner course, or push on to Blue Notch Canyon 18 miles downriver for a challenging canyon overland adventure.
Day Colorado Bikerafting Courses
Want to learn packrafting and bikepacking skills and then how to put the two together for a successful multi-sport adventure? Minimum two people needed to sign up. Courses run a full day.
Don’t be scared, but be prepared. These 3- to 5-day courses are for intermediate to advanced adventurers who already have bikepacking and boating experience, but who want to take their adventuring to the next level. Co-create your dream tour with Steve “Doom” Fassbinder.
The Dolores River Bikeraft Loop
Level 4 | Tours Availability Dependent on Flow
Doom developed this unique 3-day loop course for experienced packrafters and cyclists with backcountry skills who want to try their hand at bikerafting. Be prepared to cross difficult terrain and run plenty of Class II and some Class III whitewater.
- 1-Day Courses Include: A basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, open Alpacka Classic packraft), permits, shuttles to and from Mancos. We don’t offer whitewater boats for rent or use.
- Standard Courses Include: lodging/camping, a basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, open Alpacka Classic packraft), permits, all meals and non-alcoholic beverages for the duration of the tour, unless you choose to dine out.
- Standard Courses Do Not Include: shuttles to and from the airport or bike rentals. Whitewater boats.
- Bike Rentals: If you need to rent a bike, we can pick it up for you from either Kokopelli Bike & Board in Cortez. Please confirm bike rentals with at least three weeks notice to ensure availability.
- Shuttle Services: Additional shuttle services are available to/from the airport. See the FAQ page for details.