Glen Canyon National Rec Area Bikerafting
Level 2-4+ | Prices Vary | Email Us For Details
Starting early fall 2020, we will run bikerafting tours on the Dirty Devil River (if it's running) and Lake Powell. These are our most remote tours, and they take place in stunning canyon country. Our Level 1, two-day tour on the Dirty Devil is perfect for people new to bikerafting. For more advanced adventurers with boating and cycling experience, we're offering a Level 4+, three-day tour on the Dirty and a Level 3, three-day Tour on Lake Powell. Click here to view photos of bikerafting the Dirty Devil and Lake Powell. Utah tours do not include a stay at the Ranch.
Intro to Bikerafting - The Animas River & McPhee Reservoir
Level 1-3 | $225-$325
Want to learn packrafting and bikepacking skills and then how to put the two together for a successful multi-sport adventure? Sign up for our intro course! Explore the single track and dirt roads of the San Juan National Forest or the city bike trails in Durango, while learning basic paddling skills, how to pack your bike on your boat, etc. Minimum two people needed to sign up. The Animas courses run half a day; the McPhee courses run a full day. Groups of 4+ people on the Animas will be split between two guides. No food included.
3-Day Intro to Bikerafting on McPhee Reservoir
Level 3 | $1095
Learn packrafting and bikepacking skills and then how to put the two together for a successful bikerafting adventure on McPhee Reservoir and in the San Juan National Forest. Our goal is to teach you the skills you need to embark on bigger, better cycling and packrafting adventures. You'll learn how to lash your bike to your boat, pack your boat on your bike and more. Spend three days riding 40 miles of dirt roads and single track and boating seven miles. This tour can be modified with less mileage for less-experienced cyclists.
Level 4/5 | Prices Vary
Don't be scared, but be prepared. These 3- to 5-day "Doom" tours are for intermediate to advanced adventurers who already have bikepacking and boating experience (kayaking experience is sufficient), but who want to take their adventuring to the next level. Co-create your dream tour in the Four Corners with Head Guide Steve "Doom" Fassbinder. We take care of 100% of the logistics from the time you land to the time we drop you off at the airport (there is an extra cost for shuttling). But, you get to plan and map out your adventure with Doom. Add one or two extra nights at the Ranch, and/or sign up for a fully-catered, grilled-over-the-fire gourmet dinner.
The Dolores Bikeraft Loop
Level 4 | Tours Available Dependent on Flow | $1095
Doom developed this unique 3-day loop tour for experienced packrafters and cyclists with backcountry skills who want to try their hand at bikerafting. It includes a big day of riding and two days of bikerafting. On this burly tour be prepared to cross difficult terrain and run plenty of Class II and some Class III whitewater (which you can portage). Launch dates to be announced mid-March.
The Dolores Back-Pack-Raft Loop
Level 4 | Tours Available Dependent on Flow | $1395
This more traditional 4-day packrafting tour includes two+ days of packrafting and one+ days of not for the faint of heart backpacking back to the car. You don’t need a lot of packrafting experience for this tour, but paddling experience of some sort is key. And, you do need to be willing to hike over rough, difficult, but gorgeous and wild terrain! Tours depend, of course, on river flows. Launch dates to be announced mid-March.
Other important information...
- **Discount offered if you have your own packraft kit (PFD, paddle, and high-quality packraft in good repair. I.e. no pool toys.)**
- Doom Tours Include: Everything except bike rentals.
- 1-Day Tours Include: A basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, boat), permits, shuttles to and from Mancos.
- Standard Tours Include: lodging/camping, a basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, boat), permits, shuttles to and from Mancos, all meals and beverages for the duration of the tour, unless you choose to dine out.
- Standard Tours Do Not Include: shuttles to and from the airport or bike rentals.
- Bike Rentals: If you need to rent a bike, we can pick it up for you from either Kokopelli Bike & Board in Cortez for Colorado trips or from Roam Industry for Utah trips. Please confirm bike rentals with at least 2 weeks notice to ensure availability.
- Shuttle Services: Additional shuttle services are available to/from the airport – $80 Cortez one way and $125 Durango one way.