Directions to Scullbinder Ranch
There is only one stoplight in Mancos at the intersection with 160 and 184. From the light, in the general direction of south, it is 10.9 miles to our property.
- From Durango, head west on 160 to Mancos and turn left at the light onto South Main Street
- From Cortez, head east on 160 to Mancos and turn right at the light onto South Main.
- From Dolores, head straight through the light from 184 into Mancos
- Once you turn into town, you’ll drive five miles past five blocks of the town of Mancos, over a bridge. At the four-way intersection at the stop sign at the end of town, you’ll jog slight right and cross E Montezuma Street, and then immediately continue straight on County Road 41 (i.e. don’t take a hard left or hard right. Go straight).
- At five miles, you’ll hit a No Winter Maintenance Sign. There, you’ll start driving on an infrequently maintained dirt road for 5.9 miles. (If it rains/snows, the roads can be impassable without a high-clearance 4WD vehicle. We will communicate a shuttle plan if it happens to rain significantly, which is unlikely).
- After awhile, after you go downhill aways, you’ll pass a cabin with a bunch of little cabins on your right, then a yurt and then a BIG adobe house. There is a sign at the driveway for the big adobe house that says “Rance” with an arrow pointing to his house and another sign that says “Scullbinder,” with an arrow pointing down the road. Continue on down the road. You’ll pass another small tough shed on the right, and then you’ll reach a “driveway” with re
- Take a right onto our “driveway,” which is actually a ¾-mile road (you will not see our property/barn/cabin from County Road 41)
- Drive down that road, go up over a rise, and then you’ll see our cabin and then the barn.
- If you get to the Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Park gate on County Road 41, you’ve gone slightly too far. Just backtrack a few hundred yards.