Updated FCG Operations Plans Reflect CDC, State & Federal Covid-19 Guidelines
Being outside in a wild, remote area offers an excellent remedy to the pandemic anxiety many of us feel right now. Adventure in the natural world allows us the opportunity to adhere to social distancing protocols, while still enjoying the company of friends and family and learning new outdoor skills. To ensure that we get you outside, learning new packrafting, bikepacking, and bikerafting skills, safely, securely and as soon as possible, we are implementing some new, strict COVID-19 Policies & Procedures.
UPDATED TOUR PROTOCOLS
Per our comprehensive Risk Management Plan, we assure you that we have numerous and robust procedures and field practices in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. We have updated some of these for this challenging time in order to address CDC, State and Federal Guidelines around Covid-19.
We are scheduling tours starting June 1. We will be offering small, personalized group tours for two to six Guests, who must be family members and/or friends. At times, we may pair up two to three individuals who desire to do tours, but who do not have adventure partners. These individuals will not share any equipment, food, water purification, tents, etc.
- Guests will be asked to sign an additional FCG COVID Waiver that will explain the procedures below, request compliance and address exposure.
- Guests will be asked to review this document thoroughly.
- Guests will be asked to complete a short health and travel survey regarding their health and recent travel and exposure possibilities. If issues arise, we will reschedule your tour.
- Guests and guides with any symptoms two to three weeks before the tour will be asked to reschedule.
Daily Procedures At the Ranch / No Communal Touch Points:
**Please note, things are changing rapidly around the country. Because of liability issues and the fact that we are unable to police the various stay-at-home orders our guests might be beholden to in their states, Scullbinder Ranch is only open to people living within our “community,” which includes Montezuma and La Plata Counties. This may change at any time, depending on State and/or Federal Guidelines.**
- Glamping tents and Loft Beds will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after use and rested for 72 hours after use.
- FCG Guides and Staff will wash and sanitize hands thoroughly before handling Guest camping and packrafting equipment. Once equipment is allotted to Guests, Guides and Staff will not touch that gear again until the end of the tour, unless a repair is necessary, at which time Guides will again wash and sanitize hands thoroughly. Once allotted, Guests will be responsible for keeping track of and packing all their equipment.
- Group “shared items” will now be personalized for individuals or shared among family or friends—and not touched by FCG Guides or Staff.
- Guides will wash and sanitize their hands thoroughly before distributing snacks at the beginning of the tour. Guests will be responsible for tracking those snacks over the course of the tour.
- Guests should bring their own water purification systems.
- Guests will be provided with personalized toilet packs that include toilet paper (for overnight trips), hand sanitizer, baby wipes, and alcohol/disinfectant wipes. Guests are encouraged carry all their garbage out, including their toilet paper. Wipes are not to be burned and buried.
- Restroom procedures: Guests will be asked to use provided alcohol/disinfectant wipes to clean door handles, toilet handles, and all surfaces they touch in the bathrooms after each use. Wipes are to be disposed in provided trashcans. As well, FCG Staff will clean and disinfect bathrooms multiple times per day.
- Social distancing (6ft) will be implemented between groups—Guides, Staff and Guests. I.e. family members and friends are welcome to sit, stand, or recreate closer together, but must social distance from everyone else.
Meals at the Ranch
**Because of liability issues with Covid-19, we will not be serving gourmet meals at the Ranch at this time. This may change at any time, depending on State and/or Federal Guidelines.**
- FCG Staff will serve all meals, snacks, and appetizers to Guests. Individual plates, bowls, and utensils will be used.
- We use a 4-bin dishwashing system in the outdoors and we will use a dishwasher in the future Community Barn. All dishes and utensils will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Guides will wear gloves, and change gloves as necessary to avoid any cross-contamination
- Guides will utilize gloves to distribute drinks from the cooler or refrigerator.
Daily Procedures On Tour / No Communal Touch Points:
- Touch only your personal gear
- Guides will wear gloves if equipment repairs are needed on in the field.
- Personalized toilet packs will be provided to each guest (toilet paper (for multi-day trips), hand sanitizer, wipes, and depending on the tour, Wag Bags). Guests are encouraged carry all their garbage out, including their toilet paper. Wipes are not to be burned and buried.
- Guests will be expected to carry their own garbage out. Guest may deposit this garbage with Four Corners Guides upon the end of the tour.
- Social distancing (6ft) will be implemented
- Tents will be set up at least 25-feet apart
- High traffic areas, such as visitor centers or popular trailheads, will be avoided. Itineraries are subject to minor adjustments in order to avoid such locations.
Mealtime Procedures In the Field
- Guests will boil their own water and prepare their own meals, coffee, tea, electrolyte drinks, etc in the field.
- Guides will never touch Guest food or beverages in the field. Guests will pack in and pack out all their own food/garbage.
- Guests will be responsible for purifying their own water.
- All passengers in shuttle vans will wear masks, even if with family & friends.
- Guests will be shown the proper way to use a mask.
- FCG will provide you with a mask if they don’t have one.
- When possible guest vehicles will be incorporated into shuttle plans to minimize van time.
- FCG will provide hand sanitizer or hand washing options before Guests enter the shuttle.
**Please note that whenever possible, due to the possibility of transmission of Covid-19, we will minimize the time Guests spend in the FCG shuttle by asking them to drive their own cars whenever possible. This may change at any time, depending on State and/or Federal Guidelines.**
- We will completely clean and sanitize surfaces in our shuttle van between tours.
- In addition to sanitization, there will be at least a 60-72 hr “rest period” for the van between uses.
- FCG will completely wash and sanitize all rental camping and packrafting equipment between tours.
- FCG will “rest” rental camping and packrafting equipment for 72 hour between use.
Please note: If you disagree with Four Corners Guides about the policies and procedures outlined in the “FCG Risk Management Plan – COVID-19 Policies & Procedures,” DO NOT come on our tours. We understand and respect that people have differing opinions about the use of PPE (personal protective equipment) and social distancing, but these policies and procedures are not up for discussion. We are adhering strictly to CDC guidelines. If you choose to not follow our policies and procedures while on our tour, we will remind you up to three times that you must follow these policies and procedures. If you continue to flout them, we will ask you to leave, a Guide or FCG Staff member will escort you back to your car, and you will not get a refund. This language is included in our waiver, and you must agree to these terms if you wish to go on a tour with Four Corners Guides.