Learn to Bikeraft - With the Canyon Country Discovery Center, $825 (Level 2/3)
Learn how to combine bikepacking and packrafting and advance your backcountry travel skills! Four Corners Guides has partnered with Canyon Country Discovery Center to take you on a three-day exploration of Comb Ridge and the San Juan River. Our expert guides will teach you how to pack your bike on your boat and your boat on your bike, how to paddle with a bike, and more.
This Tour is ideal for people who already have backcountry camping skills, who know how to ride a bicycle (i.e. you regularly ride bicycles and can handle 40 miles of biking, over two days, on sandy dirt roads), and who have some boating experience (i.e. you are a paddler of some sort, whether packrafter, kayaker, canoist, or big rafter). You should NOT sign up for this tour if you have zero skills in any of these three areas.
This is a moderately difficult tour (Level 2/3) primarily due to the nature of the cycling (up and then down a sandy road along Comb Ridge). The packrafting portion is mellow. There will be opportunities to explore Ancient Puebloan ruins and other historic landmarks along the river portion, which starts at the Sand Island put in. Sign up for our October 30th tour, or email us for information about future tours.
San Juan National Forest (Colorado) (Level 1), $225
Want to learn packrafting and bikepacking skills and then how to put the two together for a successful bikerafting adventure? Spring 2020 we're offering 1-day Intro to Bikerafting Tours in the San Juan National Forest. On this loop, you'll ride two sections of single track, dirt roads, and minimal pavement (total 20+ miles) and one section of 3+-miles of packrafting. Learn basic paddling skills and how to pack your bike on your boat and your boat on your bike from one of our certified guides.
San Juan Nat'l Forest, Colorado, $950 (Level 3) // San Juan River, Utah, $825 (Level 3)
Learn packrafting and bikepacking skills and then how to put the two together for a successful bikerafting adventure on the San Juan River or McPhee Reservoir. Colorado tours to be offered spring 2020 and will base out of Scullbinder Ranch (you'll be able to choose your own start dates). Specific itineraries depend on the trip you choose, but guests will meet meet the night before the trips starts and then spend three full days on rivers and trails learning skills and exploring stunning landscapes.
Available spring 2020. Email Doom for details (Level 4/5), $1700-$2200
Don't be scared, but be prepared. These 3- to 5-day Type II (or even III) "Doom" tours are for intermediate to advanced adventurers who already have bikepacking and boating experience (kayaking experience is sufficient), but who want to take their adventuring to the next level. Co-create your dream tour in the Four Corners with Head Guide Steve "Doom" Fassbinder. We take care of 100% of the logistics from the time you land to the time we drop you off at the airport. But you get to plan and map out your adventure with Doom.
Other important information...
- **Discount offered if you have your own packraft kit (PFD, paddle, and high-quality packraft in good repair. I.e. no pool toys.)**
- Doom Tours Include: Everything except bike rentals.
- 1-Day Tours Include: A basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, boat), permits, shuttles to and from Mancos.
- Standard Tours Include: lodging/camping, a basic packraft kit (PFD, paddle, boat), permits, shuttles to and from Mancos, all meals and beverages for the duration of the tour, unless you choose to dine out.
- Standard Tours Do Not Include: shuttles to and from the airport or bike rentals.
- Bike Rentals: If you need to rent a bike, we can pick it up for you from either Kokopelli Bike & Board in Cortez for Colorado trips or from Roam Industry for Utah trips. Please confirm bike rentals with at least 2 weeks notice to ensure availability.
- Shuttle Services: Additional shuttle services are available to/from the airport-- $80 Cortez one way and $125 Durango one way.